One of the substantial influences that prompted me to start Lessons in Luxury was an industry conference I attended in April, 2011. The event was the Retail & Luxury Goods Conference hosted by the student-run Retail & Luxury Goods Club at Harvard Business School (HBS). Meeting business luminaries such as Tommy Hilfiger, William Lauder, and Stephen Sadove did a lot to help me develop my career ambitions.
This year, you can join me and my cohorts in the Luxury and Retail Club from The College of William and Mary, in Boston, MA. HBS will host the 2012 iteration of its annual conference from April 14, 2012 to April 15, 2012. For more information on registration, keynote speakers, and logistics, go to http://www.hbsrlgconference.com.
Previous speakers at the conference have included:
- Stephen Sadove – Chairman and CEO, Saks Incorporated
- William Lauder – Executive Chairman, The Estee Lauder Companies
- Tommy Hilfiger – Principal Designer and Visionary of the Tommy Hilfiger Brand
- Bernd Beetz – CEO, Coty Inc.
- Terry J. Lundgren – CEO, Macy’s Inc.
- Patrizio di Marco – CEO, Gucci
I look forward to seeing you there.